Metrology Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Solihull

8.8/10

My Job title is a Metrology Engineer. On a daily basis I support the companies metrology services for new products. I interact on a regular basis with senior management; having the responsibility equivalent to a full time member of the engineering staff. I have a number of business improvement projects as well as a day to day role which varies as I complete a number of placements in different areas of the business

Qualifications: Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 NVQ Foundation Degree in Mechanical and Maintenance Engineering (Level 4) Level Four NVQ in Engineering Leadership (Currently Studying for) BEng Applied Engineering (Currently Studying for)

External Training Courses related to my job role

Internal Training courses of company policies and procedures

I have also benefited from a number of years engineering experience

There is generally an excellent company culture with employees willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I very much enjoy the program due to an exciting job role, good company culture and good education provisions

Jaguar Land Rover values me very highly allowing me a high level of responsibility and very good facilities. The scheme is generally well recognised externally.

Being the first cohort of higher apprentices there are organisational issues being encountered. On the whole the organisation is good though with support available for any issues faced.

Support is available and feedback forms are often completed. This feedback is not always taken on bored however.

Regular one to one mentor session and address of any issues faced

Compared to the national average the salary is very good. I find that having moved away from home for the apprenticeship the salary just meets my living and travel costs.

I am part of the company's brass band and also have attended company events outside of work. The midlands area does not have many accessible community events.

Excellent Work Experience Excellent Education

You are not expected to be a ready made engineer. Instead you need to demonstrate a hard working ethic and that you are passionate for the field of work