1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
job title -apprentice. Daily tasks -phones, filing, appointments, deductions, registering new patient, opening the mail. Internal interactions -members of staff including doctors, patients, pharmacists, councillors. External interactions -none to date. Responsibilities projects -111 reports.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed skills in confidentiality.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Various. Not enough given to do not matter how much you ask your asks are forgotten about. Can be very boring.
4. How valued do you feel by NHS South London?
Do not feel valued by patients, however know we are valued in the system of things.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Organised well, my structure is unclear whilst at work. I know what workshops and session I have to attend but when at work can walk in and have nothing to do for the whole day.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A lot of support given, if stuck or in doubt as long as I ask when I need too I always receive good support, help and feedback.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Good support, always willing to help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
With the apprenticeship and my other part time job I have a nice salary every month, without having a part time job I feel though I would struggle to get through the month, providing for petrol, living/social/daily costs. A decent wage but could be slightly better.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend NHS South London to a friend?
It's a good environment to grow within, it opens up a lot of doors having experience working as apart of the NHS.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to NHS South London?
Ask for an accurate description of daily tasks.
More from NHS South LondonMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!