Audit trainee at BDO

School Leaver Programme
30th April 2015

Connect with BDO

8.6/10

Audit trainee Preforming general audit test and commenting on changes in financial statements. Every day is different as clients vary.

My audit knowledge was zero I have been trained internally and externally so I am able to be competent at my job. Also my customer service skills have developed as you interact with the client a lot.

I enjoy the team I work with they support you from the very start. The company culture is amazing as usually you feel distant from management but every one is really nice and they take their time to talk to you.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

I do feel valued at BDO as you receive feedback all the time and management always thank you for your work.

The training on our programme is organised well as they book college and your exam at the same time so it allows you to know how long you have to revise and book holiday if you need it to revise.

We have constant support from our training provider and are instantly accessible if needed.

I receive a lot of support from my training provider as we try to have monthly meeting to see how I am doing dealing with the balance of work and study.

I still live at home with my parents and travel 25 miles each way for work in a city centre. I find that the salary cover my costs and leaves me with money for my social costs.

There are so many opportunities outside of work there is always something going off every week which is organised by work or by colleagues. We have department drinks first Friday of every month were BDO kindly fund this.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

Because I did not want to go to unit and they have provided me with the programme which means I can reach my career. They support me through everything and have teached me the skills I have today.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *