1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Studying full time for an accounting and finance degree alongside working for PwC on paid placements.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt basic accounting skills that I will put into practice when working for PwC in London. I've also developed mathematical and business related skills learnt at A-level and learnt a lot about business law.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Although the exams are challenging I'm enjoying the content of the modules and looking forward to the placements ahead.
4. How valued do you feel by PwC?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Excellent. Completing the ICAEW exams whilst being at uni gives us a great advantage over other students wanting to become accountants after their degree programmes. We get paid as well to top it off!
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We receieve a lot of support and guidance with regular meetings and professional skills sessions. These give us a chance to reflect upon areas of the course we are struggling with and give us the skills and accumen we will need to thrive on placement.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The payment on placement is a big bonus and a big attraction for the course. On placement the pay will more than cover our costs leaving us money to save which is great!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because you get a great degree, get to live in an amazing city and receieve valuable work experience along the way.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *
To not think twice!
More from PwCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from PwC
When did you join PwC? I joined PwC in August 2012, as a Higher Apprenticeship working in Tax. Outline your background and...