1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
First Call Operative, which attends to different gas escapes and meter work. The job involves interacting with different customers every day and gives you massive responsibility as you have to safe guard life and property.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I would recommend National Grid to a friend because i have been very impressed since the start of the apprenticeship, it has helped me develop many new skills which will undoubtedly help me in the near future, and i think this sort of apprenticeship doesn't come around often.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
The tips i would give is that you should just sell yourself, the process is very well structured and they will give you quick responses to how you have done. But when doing the interview/phone interview just prove to them that you deserve the job and how you really want it.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!