1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Overhead linesman. ensures the transmission lines are maintained.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills as its a unique job but also improved others that i had already.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the apprenticeship a lot but being away from home every weekday for the past 8 months does have drawbacks. however onces finished the initial for months then that won't be an issue.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel national grid value me properly.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The overall organising is good but seems to slip up on minor things a little too often.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
My job trainer is very good and has always been able to help. the contracters who come in to train me have also been good.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
the managers are good and will get back to me when i need to by the end of the week at most and so i haven't had any issues with them.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, but i haven't looked into them so im not fully informed about it.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
they are a good repetual company to be with and i have so far enjoyed my personal experience with them.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!