Over head lines apprentice at National Grid

Bristol

9.3/10

I am an Over head lines apprentice who is training to carry out maintainence and repiar work for transmission systems such as pylons.

Yes i have developed the skills needed to carry out my job roll such as repairing and maintaining pylons.

I enjoy my programe very much as i enjoy the practical side of working and that is what my job is based around.

4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?

I feel very valued by national grid i do not just feel like another employee i feel like national grid care for every individual employee that they have.

The programme is well structured we always know in advance what is coming up and how to preprare for it.

We recieve a high amount of support from our trainers as they care for our careers.

We recieve alot of support from our employer as they go above and beyond to do positive things for us.

That salary package is very good and meets my costs well.

There are many opportunites to take part of outside of work for employees to join in on.

9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *

It is a very well established and successful company that has alot to offer to its employees.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *

This is a very good apprenticeship that includes some very physical tasks some make sure you are able and fit to do these things.