1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an Over head lines apprentice who is training to carry out maintainence and repiar work for transmission systems such as pylons.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i have developed the skills needed to carry out my job roll such as repairing and maintaining pylons.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programe very much as i enjoy the practical side of working and that is what my job is based around.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very valued by national grid i do not just feel like another employee i feel like national grid care for every individual employee that they have.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured we always know in advance what is coming up and how to preprare for it.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We recieve a high amount of support from our trainers as they care for our careers.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
We recieve alot of support from our employer as they go above and beyond to do positive things for us.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
That salary package is very good and meets my costs well.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are many opportunites to take part of outside of work for employees to join in on.
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
It is a very well established and successful company that has alot to offer to its employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
This is a very good apprenticeship that includes some very physical tasks some make sure you are able and fit to do these things.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!