1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As a school leaver in audit I do most basic tasks. I interact with qualified people and managers and I work on a variety of projects from small to large companies.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have passed four ACA exams and am now excel efficient.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The people at my firm are very nice. The culture is good however it has not met my expectations. The programme can be very slow paced and you often feel like development is at a standstill.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The exam calendar is continuously changing and the qualifications team are not good at letting you know of these changes.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Our training provider abandoned us and was not available to answer queries.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer does not understand the pace at which we do exams and treat us as if we are less able because of our lack of degree. The qualifications team are not sympathetic and fire people when they see fit.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
We do the same work as graduates however we are paid significantly less. As we progress we are given more responsibility than a graduate however we are not paid the same.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
BDO is very sociable and there are often socials.
9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
BDO prides itself on the fact it's not big 4 however they still treat you like a resource.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!