1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Reviewing expenditure, making adjustments, high level of client contact, project management
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Presentation skills, business writing, excel, communication, CFAB exams
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Enjoyable, the team I work within are really friendly and the work itself is good
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
Lots of internal recognition and praise and given lots of opportunities to work on other projects
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There have been a few timetable changes and only the second year of people going through the programme so feel like it's still not fully thought out
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
College is very good and offer lots of support and help all of the time
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Also allow time of for studying and appreciate that you have to study when exams are coming up.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary is low compared to how much it costs to live in Bristol
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, lots of social events, society for trainees, set up our own netball team
9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
Really good company to work for and good people
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
Make sure you put in a good interview. Be really friendly and have some personality.
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!