Stampings engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

midlands
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
29th April 2015

6.2/10

as i first year apprentice i spend most of my time studying at college full time

yes many

I enjoy being at work in plant but dont enjoy being in college as much

I feel valued as we are told the company needs us for the future of jlr but sometimes feel like we are being treated like school children and not adults working for a big organisation

i think the structure is good as they have managed to fit in so many qualifications within a relatively short amount of time but the organisation at college is very bad.

support is readily available from tutors managers and our personal industrial training managers.

very competitive salary for an apprenticeship. more than enough to be able to afford the cost of living in this region

there are many opportunities to go to company events and some activities.

A chance to gain a vast amount of qualifications whilst earning a competitive salary and gaining experience at a prestigious company.

Do loads of research and practice before the assessment/interview process. Make sure to demonstrate both skills and experience for team working, practical ability, academic ability, relevant personal interests. Remember to do some research into JLR and engineering itself and show a keen interest in engineering. do some research into what field you are likely to be interested in although this may not be the field you will be given.