1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working together in groups with other smart futures students doing a range of tasks such as presentations, interviewing EY employees and clients. Client lunch meetings. Final week involved working in the UKI TAX department, making up files and sitting in client meetings.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Confidence through the presentations. Team work through working with people from diverse backgrounds.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed learning about the world of accounting as I had previously never considered looking into an accounting career.
4. How valued do you feel by EY?
Very. Great to be supported through mentors even after leaving the program.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well, liked the fact there was a laid out plan of what everyday was going to entail insuring that I was not unprepared for any of the days.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Mentors were helpful after leaving the program in that they kept in contact with you often. They were there for support when you had questions regarding applying for accounting at university.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
In my week in UKI TAX, didn't receive a lot of support, spent the majority of it asking for jobs to do. No work laid out previously for me to do.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not too sure.
9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great experience, great people to work with. Friendly working environment.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *
Don't be afraid to speak to clients and other EY employees, It's important to make connections.
More from EYMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!