Smart Futures Student at EY

Connect with EY

8.7/10

Smart Futures Student. Mainly an introduction in all the sections of the business with opportunities such as visiting clients, taking part in activities to improve the necessary skills for a job and also hands on work in the last week where I was able to work in the tax team.

Training courses on how e.g. writing reports or letters in a business vary from standard essay structures that we are used to at school.

It went beyond my expectations. Truly an amazing program where you gain so much insight and have an amazing experience with people who you become really good friends with.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Very vauled, they gave us individual feedback at the end of the program and also provided us with mock interviews to help us in future interviews. They also still invite us to alumni events and other events that they may have tickets for.

It was extremely organised with people running each day who we could talk to instantly. We were all also given a mentor who we met during the programme who is still in touch with us.

We were assigned mentors who are invaluable and helped with CV, university applications and more and so we are still very supported even though the program is over.

The wage exceeded my travel costs.

We were invited to the program's own events, but the program wasn't long enough for actual events within the country.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

It is an amazing company, with a well cultured supportive environment. The 3 weeks I spent there have provided me with so many skills and experiences that I never thought I would go through. It was genuinely a perfect opportunity.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Be yourself and be confident in the process and the program. They are only trying to get the best out of you. In the interview process. don't be afraid to ask for a moments pause before you answer a question as this just shows them that you think logically and well. Finally, take full advantage of all the opportunities you are given in the program as you the more you put in, the more you will get out of it.