Higher Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Royal Leamington Spa
28th April 2015

8.2/10

For this first year my role mainly involves attending college all week and studying towards a foundation degree which we complete in the second year. We have been assigned to departments and the modules we study are chosen to support this. We have also spent three weeks in our assigned departments within the company being shown the type of work involved in performing our allocated roles.

The program is very well thought out in terms of its content but because it has been redesigned for this year there has been significant disruption due to admin issues.

The company is in a very exciting place at the moment - there have been three new models launched since we started and the business is expanding at quite a rate. There are plenty of different departments within the company so that's an opportunity in the long-term to switch roles. The pay is pretty good and it's an opportunity to earn a degree for free with a guaranteed job waiting for you.

They're looking for applicants with a good attitude rather than a perfect CV or brilliant grades. Positive behaviours towards work and towards other people are very big with them.