Electrical Integration Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Leamington Spa

5.9/10

I was placed into the Electrical Integration team. Currently we are at college full time and we only go to plant during college holidays.

Learnt a lot about the automotive industry, and have developed my maths and physics further

It has been good fun and interesting so far but there have been times when the college has been extremely disorganised..

During the weeks in plant we are treated properly as a part of the team

The college is terribly organised... Some simple things are made a lot more complicated than they need to be

We all have an ITM (Industrial Training Manager) who we can speak to if we have any problems. we also have a meeting with them every few months

Being at college full time we do not see our managers very often. But if we need support we can contact our ITM

Very well, but this is because I live minutes away from the college

The company runs the ELS scheme where we get given £200 every year to do any activity within the scheme.

Because apprenticeships are by far better than going straight to university. We go to a top ten university, do not pay college or university fees, we learn real world skills and we get paid for all this. we also have a guaranteed job when we finish.

Research the types of questions you are going to be asked.