1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I was placed into the Electrical Integration team. Currently we are at college full time and we only go to plant during college holidays.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learnt a lot about the automotive industry, and have developed my maths and physics further
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It has been good fun and interesting so far but there have been times when the college has been extremely disorganised..
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
During the weeks in plant we are treated properly as a part of the team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The college is terribly organised... Some simple things are made a lot more complicated than they need to be
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We all have an ITM (Industrial Training Manager) who we can speak to if we have any problems. we also have a meeting with them every few months
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Being at college full time we do not see our managers very often. But if we need support we can contact our ITM
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well, but this is because I live minutes away from the college
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The company runs the ELS scheme where we get given £200 every year to do any activity within the scheme.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because apprenticeships are by far better than going straight to university. We go to a top ten university, do not pay college or university fees, we learn real world skills and we get paid for all this. we also have a guaranteed job when we finish.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Research the types of questions you are going to be asked.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!