Associate at EY

Southampton
School Leaver Programme

Connect with EY

9.2/10

Go to different clients and work on different parts of the audit. Daily tasks vary day-to-day from working on cash movements to enquiring with the client about to movement in debtors from the prior year.

I have learnt a lot about professional behaviour and how to interact with clients on a one-to-one level. We have had a lot of internal courses which have improved my computer abilities and documentation abilities. We are also training toward an ICAEW qualification so have obviously learnt a lot about audit itself; this has been through several weeks at college but more importantly on the job training.

I enjoy it, I have worked in some great teams and get to meet a lot of diverse people from different cultures.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

Yes I get a lot of recognition from my work and feel that it is valued

I joined in January instead of September like the majority of school leavers so joining was a bit different to what they are used to but I felt like I had support from my counsellor and buddy.

Whenever I feel like I need support I know I can go to my counsellor

A lot of support from a lot of people from my office

Salary definitely meets my living costs based on my location but I haven't moved out yet.

there are a lot of sport matches and social event which are organised within my office.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

Very enjoyable

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Make sure you show of your interacting abilities