1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Go to different clients and work on different parts of the audit. Daily tasks vary day-to-day from working on cash movements to enquiring with the client about to movement in debtors from the prior year.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt a lot about professional behaviour and how to interact with clients on a one-to-one level. We have had a lot of internal courses which have improved my computer abilities and documentation abilities. We are also training toward an ICAEW qualification so have obviously learnt a lot about audit itself; this has been through several weeks at college but more importantly on the job training.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy it, I have worked in some great teams and get to meet a lot of diverse people from different cultures.
4. How valued do you feel by EY?
Yes I get a lot of recognition from my work and feel that it is valued
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I joined in January instead of September like the majority of school leavers so joining was a bit different to what they are used to but I felt like I had support from my counsellor and buddy.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Whenever I feel like I need support I know I can go to my counsellor
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support from a lot of people from my office
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary definitely meets my living costs based on my location but I haven't moved out yet.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are a lot of sport matches and social event which are organised within my office.
9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *
Make sure you show of your interacting abilities
More from EYMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!