Business Trainee at EY

School Leaver Programme
28th April 2015

Connect with EY

6.9/10

My role as a Business Trainer is TAS Reestructuring involves me getting involved in a variety of different client work, never doing the same thing, which challenges me every day.

I have developed my social skills, especially on the phone, and by attending client meetings. I have also developed my knowledge a lot in such a small space of time, I appreciate this as I favour learning from experience!

I feel very lucky to be given such a great opportunity. I feel like I am in a better position than I would have been would I have gone to university.

4. How valued do you feel by EY?

I feel very valued by EY, especially as they have funded my qualification. I feel like I have been trusted with a lot of responsibility from day 1, which has challenged me from the start!

I think it is very structured, as I know what exams I am taking for the year and roughly when, and how long it will take me to qualify.

I have received a lot of support from our training provider, as my college tutor helped me right before the exam, when I asked for extra help.

I receive a lot of support from my employer, councellor especially, as they are very understanding with personal commitments.

I am pleased with my salary, and believe it is the right amount to meet my living and travel costs. It also allows me to save each month, as I am lucky enough to not live too far, so my travel is a reasonable amount compared to others!

Yes, there are many opportunities outside of work such as sport/leisure clubs.

9a. Would you recommend EY to a friend? *

I have already recommended EY to friends, as I believe it is a great place to work and I feel that I am developing in my career each day, and feel valued.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to EY? *

Relax during interviews and assessment days! They just want to get to know you and your values, to see if you are suited to work for them!