Prototype Vehicle Planner at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry
28th April 2015

7.4/10

Prototype Vehicle Planner.

My role involves the planning of Prototype Vehicle builds. Ensuring the correct validated parts are on the BOM, and undertaking build planning activities.

During the apprenticeship I will complete a BEng in Applied Engineering. I have learnt many new skills and knowledge so far, both at work during workshop placements, and at college were I have so far completed a foundation degree.

I have really enjoyed my time at college, and on workshop placements around the company.

However my actual job role lacks the technical engineering aspects which I hoped to undertake in my position at the company.

I feel valued by Jaguar Land Rover, and have received appreciation from work I have undertaken for both my manager, and other colleagues around the business.

The organisation at college during my first two years has been appealing, with a lack of competent teachers being available for lessons on a regular basis.

Organisation and structure at work however, has been brilliant, with the arrangement of many workshop placements around the company which have really benefited me.

Support from college has been very limited, with what I have felt to be a big lack of teaching quality and support from tutors.

I have found support from my Industrial Training Manager however to be excellent, and very supportive during the apprenticeship.

I have received strong support from my employer throughout the apprenticeship scheme.

My apprentice salary is meeting my total monthly costs well, and providing a sustainable financial standing.

Yes there are many events and projects to get involved with outside of work, such as CSR events, and Apprentice Forum Projects.

I have found my experience with the company to be a positive one, and have enjoyed my time here.

Be prepared for the assessment day as it is quite intense with lots going on.

Be prepared for the job role selection processes during the first induction week, and ensure you find out all the necessary information behind each role.