Supplier technical assistant engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Leamington Spa
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
28th April 2015

7.8/10

I am a Supplier Technical assistant engineer higher apprentice and because I am in my first year I am studying full time in collage. My day to day activities include going to class with other apprentices to study foundation competencies and a foundation degree in engineering.

Yes there are many new skill's learn't in particular machining. I have further developed many skills in my foundation degree in particular my maths skills.

When I go to work in the factories I really enjoy it however being at collage full time isn't much fun as it is very strict and very easy. The pay is fantastic though.

I feel valued because I know that they want me in the company and to be there because we get paid a lot and it is very difficult to get fired.

Due to the fact that our year is on a new Trailblazer course for apprentices the programme isn't that organised. However there are many other elements to the programme which are which must be commended.

I haven't had any issues with the difficulty of work from the training provider and therefore I cannot properly comment as I haven't asked for support.

We receive lots of support if we are struggling due to our fantastic industrial training managers.

The salary is outstanding.

There are some but not very many, there usually isn't enough time to do loads of extra-curricular activities.

Because of the opportunity into the company, we get our degree paid for and due to the fact that the salary is so good.

Be yourself.