1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Training as a Mechatronics maintenance engineer for the emc. First year of apprenticeship is majority btec work so is college based. Day to day varies based on lessons.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Welding, electrical, electronics, maths, mechanical principles.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy it however sometimes feel there is not enough structure to the some lessons. I think this is because we are the first set of apprentices to attend eef for jlr.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Very valued. I gave had time off due to my wife's I'll health this year and jlr have been amazing about it all. Very supportive and reassuring.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It could be better organised, as said before this is down to us attending different colleges. Sometimes it causes confusion.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Could receive more support, but on the whole they are good.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As said before, could not be happier with my employers support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. It is extremely well paid for an apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I am aware of.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Great company who support their staff and offer excellent pay.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Be yourself. Work hard and don't mess around in college.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!