1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Over head lines man, Maintenance of national grids assests (Pylons), Responsibilities are to follows the core values of national grid up hold respect, ownership etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have developed and learned many new skills and have been helped to explore and increase my knowledge.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I like that there is a constant improvement plan and motive to move up with in the company with lots of options.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel valued and very much cared for however there has been a few times where i have felt let down.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The training is organised well with constant updates
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel fully supported with in my role and i feel the trainers are very approachable
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel fully supported with in my role and i feel the employers are very approachable
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The pay is very good as an apprentice and there are numerous expenses covered by National grid eg travel(trains/taxis)and private living quarters when working at the training centre.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are many facilites provided with in the training
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
Treated as an equal and supports growth as a person/employee
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
Be prepared dont take it lightly, go above and beyond what you need to impress the employers
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!