Linesman at National Grid

West Boldon
27th April 2015

8.6/10

Over head lines man, Maintenance of national grids assests (Pylons), Responsibilities are to follows the core values of national grid up hold respect, ownership etc.

I have developed and learned many new skills and have been helped to explore and increase my knowledge.

I like that there is a constant improvement plan and motive to move up with in the company with lots of options.

4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?

I feel valued and very much cared for however there has been a few times where i have felt let down.

The training is organised well with constant updates

I feel fully supported with in my role and i feel the trainers are very approachable

I feel fully supported with in my role and i feel the employers are very approachable

The pay is very good as an apprentice and there are numerous expenses covered by National grid eg travel(trains/taxis)and private living quarters when working at the training centre.

Yes there are many facilites provided with in the training

9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *

Treated as an equal and supports growth as a person/employee

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *

Be prepared dont take it lightly, go above and beyond what you need to impress the employers