1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My Job Title currently is 'Substation Apprentice'. I am required to complete training at Eakring while studying City & Guilds. I also have on- site training where I gain experience on 'the job'.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have passed multiple exams so far & have developed my fitting skills in the workshop.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme very much, it is well structured.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I am very valued from my employer.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is very well structured and organised, we get notification in advance & are well informed.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Our training provider is excellent in insuring we gain the most from our modules & ensuring we reach our maximum potential.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
There are plenty of resources we can use for support, as well as HR & mentors on site.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
We receieve an excellent salary & our expenses are paid for.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are plenty of events & classes outside of work available.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
So far I have been very impressed & am looking forward to the next few years.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Read up on National Grids values & intentions. Also find out about FTSE 100 & be confident in your interviews.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!