1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My job role involves inspection, maintenance and repair of National Grid assests.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I am completing City and Guilds 2339. I've also completed basic handskills and an appreciation of welding.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the on job training of the programme combined with classroom based learning.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I do feel valued, I feel they are training us welL for the future work force of National Grid.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Well organised, I have a plan for the whole year and know where I am going to be in advance.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Support is there when I need it. I can e-mail or phone whenever I need anything.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The wage is good, I am looking forward to recieving a pay rise as my work load increases.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes but due to work I haven't had time to look at this. I am aware of engineering club outside of work.
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Training, job security and future prospects.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
Listen to peers when attending the assessment centre. Ask as many questions as possible as people will help you.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!