1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Telecoms apprentice helping learning about and helping with cables, modems, phones, and more.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learnt many skills such as cable jointing and using a multimeter.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The program is very enjoyable :)
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Most managers think very highly of the scheme and are enthusiastic towards the apprentices.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Fairly well organised
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not much during to 2 second years.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
An adequate amount, but nothing special.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not at all
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I've heard of.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The training is great, and the job at the end is achievable.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Be prepared to have no privacy during the first year. Make as many friends as you can.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!