1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
first year I do both practical and theory working towards my qualifications and in the second and third year observe people in my depot learning the job and then going down to portmouth every 3 months for 2 week to do more theory and practical work to finish off my qualifications.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
yes electrical skills and knowledge have been greatly improved
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have learnt many things in the short time I have been on the course, made many friends and have had many valuble life experiences
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
everyone is very considerate and help me out with all my qualifications which makes me feel like a valued employee
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the first year was vey well organised and the second and third year is very inderpendent but most people will help you with placements
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
a lot of support is in place for me to succeed
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
they are very supportive
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
very well in the first year for me the second and third year pay is good but if you have to live on your own you can struggle
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
yes there are a lot of organisations that value you for this qualification
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
it is a well paid job with lots of oppurtunities and as a company they treat you well
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
bring a mini fridge for the first year and if you have a car I suggest you bring it down as you will need one to get around when not at work
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!