1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work out on track helping to maintain the railway, by carrying out inspection of track assesets. and by performing genral mainteance tasks
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I've learnt lots of new skills, in my second and third year I did job specfic training, which helped me to be better at my job
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I've greatly enjoyed the programme and have really enjoied working in different teams within Network Rail
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Certain mangers make me feel more valued than others. I alaso feel vauled and appreciated by other members in my team
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Everything in the programme is well organined, we clearly know where we are supposed to be and when for any training that we have
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have always recieved lots of support from the people who help with training
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
different managers are more supporting than others
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I moved for this job which meant that money was tight for me
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of opportunities outside of work
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I think the railway is a great place to work and this apprentichsip is great way to get into the railway
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Research the company and the different roles beofre you apply and make sure that you sell yourself make sure you look good on paper.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!