1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
An electrification and plant technician, i test and maintain assets of our department daily, also installing new equipment occasionally.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Electrical, maths, teamwork
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The first year was bad in training,but now at the depot i love it
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I have a job lined up for when i finish
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very well
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not as much as i would like
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
As much as i need
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It could be a little higher, but once i have finished it will be worth it
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Eventually after i am qualified fully
9. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Be as friendly as possible and always think positive
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!