1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a mortgage consultant, I speak to customers on a daily basis and give them updates on their mortgage applications. I also do initial checks for some processes before handing off to a mortgage adviser.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been improving on my communication skill and I am currently studying my CeMap.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme as it works hand in hand with my CeMap. It feels good to be getting something out of work, rather than just doing my day-to-day job.
4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?
I don't feel appreciated by my manager at all. I don't feel I am recognised for any hard work. However the company does give me the oppertunity to develop and I am greatful for that.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is well structured, I am well aware in advance when my next meeting will be and exactly what I am doing, also what I need to do before hand. My mentor is very supportive.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I feel very supported, she is availdable to answer any questions throughout the month so I am well prepared for my next meeting, and she gives me clear expectations.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Not a lot. My manager does not support me. The company is supportive in giving me the time to speak with my mentor, and also I get time to complete my work during the month.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Obviously we can all do with a bit more, but my salary covers my costs for living, travel etc and I still have plenty left over as disposable income at the end of the month.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Not that I'm aware of. I study my CeMap outside of work, but that's it.
9. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend?
All in all I find them a good company to work for. The salary is good, as is the bonus. Not too much pressure is put on us and there are development oppertunities.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group?
To put themselves forward for as much as possible and make the most of all oppertunities presented as it will help them climb up the ladder and progress in their careers.
More from Lloyds Banking GroupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!