1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role consists of being part of a track team or technical track team and assisting them in their role from day to day whilst they instruct me
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt many new skills to do with my trade as well as been given the oppotunity to develop my team leadership skills. Every 3 months i also go to hms sultan where i am put through a course to aid in my learning
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme in such that i get to see lots of different aspects of the business and am given training to support my carrer
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel values in such that my skills are recognised
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
My programme is very well organised as i have a team in portsmouth who look after all my admin and training
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
i recieve all the support needed from my training provider as its done in house and i can always ask for help
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is my training provider
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It is one of the better paid apprenticeships to go on although with travel it can be a strain
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are oppotunities to go with other railway companies and progress differently
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Paid well and everyone works well together and will help as much as possible, the work ethic is relaxed and aslong as you get all the work done you can be left to get on with it.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Previous experience of any kind is important to back up any soft skills you might have
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!