Business Support Manager at Lloyds Banking Group

Edinburgh
20th April 2015

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

9.0/10

My current role involves working on a wide variety of Risk projects and initiatives. My role during the apprencticeship however was a Relationship Manager (RM) for Business Customers, and only involved BOS branding at the time.

Yes I have learnt new skills in both roles. The role of an RM had a wide scope and gave me the knowledge and experience to progress in the group.

I have now finished the programme. It was useful, however was not challenging enough given that I was used to the fast pace and level of an undergraduate degree.

4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?

I feel very valued and like to fact that my opinion is taken seriously - I can provide input at a group level twice a year through our surveys and I am confident this is anonymous.

My programme was structured well and my tutor was very supportive (Hilary Gormley)

As above, my training provider was very supportive and helped me work through the programme quickly, given that I did not find this as challenging as I had hoped.

I received the time and support from my employer that was needed to finish the programme at a pace that was better suited to my learning needs.

There were no costs involved with the programme and the salary was competetive.

Yes - in other financial services organisations.

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend? *

I feel valued, have had quick career progression and the pay is competitive and related to performance.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group? *

Think about the specific role / area you would like to go into carefully as there are a lot of options. Focus on the areas you need to develop most as this will help your career in the long run. I would also advise having a mentor in another area to gain an outsiders perspective.