- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
Sales, talking to customers & suppliers, daily tasks for safety, stock control, quotes, delegating work, transport.
More organised, better at planning, thinking laterally was good already but has been heightened, have become a Mental Health First Aider
We have a very efficient team here which help my day to day role. The company is very focused on their employees, safety is a huge topic as is MH. It exceeded my expectation and I loved the course and all its content.
From start to finish there was support and a structure that was easy to follow. My role often meant I was called away at the last minute so flexibility was a huge help. My mentor was excellent, helpful and very knowledgeable
My manager was all for me taking this course and therefore supportive. I did not have much contact with HR but my mentor was always there when I needed him for guidance and support.
The support was excellent from start to finish. My branch went through major changes at the start of 2022 and I was thrust into an unfamiliar role. The guidance and support was a major help leading me to thoroughly enjoy the course
I have become a better leader. I am more focused and equipped with more knowledge and tools to help me in my role. The problems mentioned in the previous questions were unexpected but I believe I handled them extremely well.
I am a MHFA, First Aider & Google Champion for my branch. With these comes a network of colleagues across the group who support and assist on a daily basis. Outside of the business I have started playing golf with colleagues which allows me to switch off/relax
TP are the first company I have worked for where their employees are at the forefront of their thinking. From safety stand downs, training over 200 MHFA's, diversity & inclusion and having support for any problems life throws at us, they are there for us.
Just be yourself. The size of the group means there is always the possibility of bettering yourself and moving to a better role.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
FMCG & Retail, Construction, Property & Surveying, Sales, Marketing & Procurement