IT Trainee at Lloyds Banking Group

Edinburgh

Connect with Lloyds Banking Group

7.8/10

IT Trainee - Designing, building, implementing and testing Mainframe programmes using COBOL.

Yes - COBOL programming and all Mainframe skills are NEW. Developed soft skills, e.g communication.

Programme gives structure to learning, which I enjoy.

4. How valued do you feel by Lloyds Banking Group?

Feel extremely valued by my immediate team and colleagues. Wider LBG group feel valued, as a lot of attention is being given to Apprentices.

Programme is well organised - feel like it could have had slightly more relevance for my role.

Good level of support - Trainer Assessor was easily reachable and was able to support me.

Good level - Practice Manager asks for updates at monthly meetings, would have fed back if there were any issues.

Excellent salary for Apprentice.

Unsure what this refers to - I am able to volunteer for lots of opportunities outwith my job role, which are rewarding.

9a. Would you recommend Lloyds Banking Group to a friend? *

Large organisation - plenty of areas to move around in and develop career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Lloyds Banking Group? *

Try to have an idea of what you want your career path to be before you start. If not, try to identify areas etc you are interested in and put this across at selection process, to ensure you are placed somewhere suitable for your skills and aspirations.