Technical Officer at Network Rail

Swansea
20th April 2015

Connect with Network Rail

8.1/10

Day to day I am responsible for carrying out surveys on the rail infrastructure to gain various information. Following these surveys I will analyse the data using differnt PC software in the Technical Office.

I have learnt how to use new measuring instrumnets and surveying equipment.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my programme during the past 3 years. The way the scheme has broken the shedule up to thoerteical (year 1) and practical placements (year 2 and 3) allows for learning in a flowing mannor. Gaining a fair salary during this programme also encourages you to progress.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel very apprecaited by Network Rail, down to the amount they invets in each apprentice during the 3 year programme. Not only this, but as I have come to the end of my apprenticeship, Network Rail has created a permanent post form me which demonstrates their value for apprentices.

The programme I have followed has been well thought through and is highly organised.

The support I have received has been more than enough to aid me through to completion.

Again, the support I have received from my employer has been fantastic, I could not ask for more in these terms.

I believe that the salary I recieve is fair, however the rate for additioanl hourse e.g. nightime overtime is slighlty dissatisfying . Depite this, I can enjoy my leasure time comfornatbly on this wage.

The opportunities I have had outside of work are endless.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

Network Rail's apprenticeship programme is a rewarding way to gain a good career through learing and developing new skills.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

I would emphasise on ability to lead and work within a team, as well as willing to develop as an individual when applying for the scheme.