- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
I am a branch manager meaning I am in control of every aspect of running a business. this includes handling money, dealing with all aspects of employees and all different types of helth and safety.
I feel I have learnt all sorts of new skills. This can be fro things like SWOT to how to get a member of staff to a new level via coaching.
I did find it difficult at times with the amount of hours I had to put in, along side my extensive working hours.
I felt it was a well organised programme and I was helped every step of the way. If I needed my coach to help me with anything he was always available.
I did get great support from my employer. I was allowed time off to do work at home when I got a bit behind and I was given a tutor to help with math. I couldn't fault them.
I got all the help and support I could ever hope for.Without [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions] I probably wouldn't of even passed the course, let alone get a distinction.
It most certainly gives me extra tools which I will use in my role for the rest of my days.
We do like to arrange a night out with the staff and customers every few months to keep everyone bonded.
Because they have always looked after me. They're not the perfect company but does that company exist?
Keep your head down and work hard, you will get noticed and you will progress. Sometimes it takes time for you to be recognised for your work but it does happen and good things come.
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)
Construction, Property & Surveying