1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
My role is Natinal Grid is Pressure Control, this job is basically tha maintenace of the system and to insure there is gas to our customers
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have been on many courses that are relevant to my role and can also help me if i ever want to further my career.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy this appreticeship a great deal. Everyone that i work with or even meet in corridors are really friedly. The team is like my second family there always helping me and i have a lot fun with them
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very valued by the company and the resepect my managers show me is immense. Every time i do good things i am always praised and the company has a very good reward scheme called appreciation and i have already won my first award on it
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I think the structre is very good there is always a timetable and when things are chnaged i am always told about them in good time.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
i recieve lot of support from trainers and also my work collegues. At the beginning of my apprenticeship i recieved a card that had all the support numbers that i could call if i ever needed help.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve all the support i need if i ever have any problems there are more then enough people i could contact who are more then happy to help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I think the sallary is good and its more than enough to get me by.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are many oppertunities outside of work such as voluntry work and whenever there is an oppertunity you are always sent e-mails.
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
I believe the company treats you very well and the oppertunties in the compnay are amazing.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
Enjoy the process everyone you meet during you application process is really friendly and try to help you as much as they can. be confident in your abilities and try to socialise with everyone.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!