1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am and Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer working on the Gas Distributions systems. My role is split between our training academy and working on site. I am also due to attend college for 8 weeks to complete my first year.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt so many new skills and I am looking forward to developing these skills also.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I find that very few days are the same and I enjoy the fact that I am learning so many new skills.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
When I first joined National Grid I got given a programme which covered my whole year so I know what I am doing and where.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I have received an extraordinary amount of support from my trainer provider.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I really struggled with living away at the beginning of my apprenticeship and the support that I received from my colleagues and Managers really helped me through it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary and benefits that I receive are more than enough to cover my costs.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
I think that its a brilliant apprenticeship and company to work for.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
The advice that I would give would be to be yourself and research the company.
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!