- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Nestle to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Nestle?
The role is ever-changing due to the nature of the scheme. Every six months the role changes. I have had experience in supply chain, marketing, sales and category development.
Yes, I have learnt and developed many skills. It is a great opportunity to learn commercial skills and develop any previous understanding you had in a business setting.
The scheme is great, it combines the opportunity to learn and work in the largest food and drinks manufacturer in the world but also having the opportunity to earn a degree and enjoy the social aspects that come with that.
The scheme is structured well, rotations in the business are pre planned to ensure as an apprentice the role suits and you can take responsibility. The opportunity for training is provided and line managers are aware of what you do and your needs as an apprentice.
Support is given by having 20% off the job to focus on learning and managers understand that you need this time to meet your qualification specs. There are many mentors as the course has been run for years and previous apprentices are on hand to help.
Lots of support, the opportunity to focus on uni work is available and isn't frowned upon. Sheffield Hallam are great and have a dedicated work based coach who you can speak to if you ever need to.
The qualification gives an all round understanding of business operations from finance to marketing so you are aware of what is needed to ensure a business keeps working.
There is an onsite gym and opportunities to get involved in different schemes. The academy helps with networking through hosting coffee mornings or setting up teams meetings with senior figures in the business.
Nestle is a great place to work with ample opportunity to further your career and yourself as a person. The responsibility is put into your hands and the trust is there.
Be yourself and do some pre-reading on what the business is doing currently. For example, use context such as new products we've launched or research the company values.
Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
Sales, Marketing & Procurement, Business & Administration, FMCG & Retail, Digital Media & IT