1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
It involved participating in a group exercise and then we had to give out a presentation. - Research material on Africa's water industry, litigation, procurement and I drafted letters [This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions]
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt better researching skills (which people may believe is an easy skill to acquire but it really isn't). My communication skills have gotten better as I met a lot of members of staff here, who were all amazingly friendly.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Teamwork Company culture It met my expectations that I'd had for the firm (learning new things about the firm, getting to meet real lawyers)
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Appreciation, recognition. They all treated me with respect and gave me exactly the same equipment and stationery that they use themselves. I was able to access everything (except the telephone to make external calls, sadly)
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well, because every time I finished a task the trainees always had another one in line and always got me working.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive a tremendous amount of support and they never get tired of my stupid questions, which I really do appreciate.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My adviser is an extremely friendly person and is the best adviser I can think of at Pinsent Masons. Although we were only in contact via email, she answered every single query I had, very politely.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
Successful and large firm. Many departments Friendly environment
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Make sure you know a bit about the firm before coming in because then you'll understand what everything is really like.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!