1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Shadowing a trainee solicitor for the week, tasks given by them which vary.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Attention to detail Focus on who your work is being presented to (eg lawyer or client) Always ask questions if you do not understand Do all tasks to your best ability
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It has been really good, I truly gained an insight into life as a lawyer as I have been shadowing one all week and the fact that they were trainees made it even better as it gave me an even better insight into something that I would be doing very soon if I get a training contract. Also they had lots more work to give me as they were not as busy as the lawyers and I could actually help them with things that they were working on!
4. How valued do you feel by Pinsent Masons?
Very valued, the trainees were all very nice and if you looked confused, people always came up to ask if you were alright.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It was very structured and organized however I would have liked a few more presentations or workshops as the trainees could be very busy and not be able to attend to you a lot, I didn't want to bother them.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Quite a lot, they were busy most of the time but if you asked them for help they were always ready to come and work out the problem with you.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot of support, she always emailed us and made it very clear that we could email her if we had any queries.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I'm still in full education so I'm not sure
9. Would you recommend Pinsent Masons to a friend?
It is an amazing experience and you really do get a tangible experience of life as a lawyer and they cater to you well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Pinsent Masons?
Show your passion for law is number one or you would be wasting your time for a week if you do not enjoy the career.
More from Pinsent MasonsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!