1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Backup and NAS related roles. Capacity planning, DataDomain, Troubleshooting NetBackup failed jobs.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Developed how to use new software such as NetBackup and learned some command line interfaces. Been on a training course to learn NetBackup inside out.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very happy within my team, very helpful people who make it an enjoyable experience.
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
Feel appreciated by my manager, frequently have 1 to 1's to see how I am doing. Can always go to a member of my team for support
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Programme is structured by Capita who are helpful and reply to emails within a given time scale so are never stuck for help.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Receive as much support as we need, always there to help and can always rely on them to answer and questions I have.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Team are very supportive, manager always checks up on me and my team are always happy to provide me with answers to my questions.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary is good, living comfortably not having to worry about money.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, Various team building activites, many nights out for drinks/meals and activities such as football.
9a. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Lots of opportunity to move up in your role and eventually become management level
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC? *
Application process was long so be patient, do your research on HSBC and the sort of questions they may ask you in the interview. Take notes and make sure you learn them.
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!