1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a telecoms engineer and it is my job to maintain and fault the telecoms equipment used within the railways infrastructure.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, i have learnt how to fault and maintain telecoms equipment.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I have thoroughly enjoyed the programme.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is reasonably well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was a lot of support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I certainly wasn't making a lot of money but i wasn't struggling.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
in the first year yes. not so much in the second and third.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Its a good place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Work hard all the way through the programme.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!