1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Information Security Professional - Day to day active monitoring of SIEM systems, firewalls, IDS, IPS, logs, security patching and updates; penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and creation of bespoke services/products.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Since starting the scheme i have developed a number of established skills and have explored a number of new tools and utilities
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy working for Atos and how they have implemented the scheme. The original provider however, QA, had not established the full framework for the new information security scheme
4. How valued do you feel by Atos?
Valued and involved
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
On Atos' part it is well organised and the structure. However, QA the training provider has a structure in place that has not been delivered in full
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Sporadic - however i am sure our experience is unique to our scheme
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Lots of support, its good
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It doesn't meet my costs. This could be due to the fact i have a house, car and family to support. However, it is well documented that the minimum wage is not sufficient in the uk.
Yet, the wage is consistent with salary progression and will be of an acceptable level for younger apprentices. I.e. school leavers living at home with parents
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes - thanks to my chosen discipline and the nature of the arena
9. Would you recommend Atos to a friend?
Why not? Atos pay when they say they are going to pay, give you raises when scheduled, performance reviews happen within an acceptable time frame and with the open employee structure you feel involved and valued from the start
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atos?
Be passionate about your thing, whatever that may be
More from AtosMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!