Software Engineer at Atos

Daresbury
17th April 2015

4.1/10

I am a software Engineer. My day to day activities include stand ups, coding writing, code review and writing unit tests to test the quality of my code.

I have learnt mainly on the job, i have learnt about such things as java, git, clear case, maven, chef, camel, spring, beans and much more. All of this has been thanks to the team i have been working in.

I enjoyed my job, however I feel the programme could be done a lot better for future apprentices.

4. How valued do you feel by Atos?

I have always felt valued on the team in which i worked on in Atos, however in terms of if i feel valued by the company i do not as there always seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the apprenticeship scheme.

I believe there were a lot of factors that led to it being unstructured. I believe better planning would muchly improve this, however i do appreciate we are the 2nd intake of apprentices in where i am passed. I understand things aren't going to be perfect, but i believe more has been unstructured then structured.

The support i received from my training provider was mixed in terms of how good it was or in most cases, wasn't.

From the actual team in which i used to work in, i received a lot of support internally and externally, from these people.

I commute a lot to work, this is expensive. Before i started my apprenticeship i was told this would be covered. Unfortunately it was not covered.

We were told there were, but unfortunately due to a number of factors, this did not happen, this was very disappointing

9a. Would you recommend Atos to a friend? *