1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a software Engineer. My day to day activities include stand ups, coding writing, code review and writing unit tests to test the quality of my code.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt mainly on the job, i have learnt about such things as java, git, clear case, maven, chef, camel, spring, beans and much more. All of this has been thanks to the team i have been working in.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoyed my job, however I feel the programme could be done a lot better for future apprentices.
4. How valued do you feel by Atos?
I have always felt valued on the team in which i worked on in Atos, however in terms of if i feel valued by the company i do not as there always seems to be a lot of uncertainty around the apprenticeship scheme.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I believe there were a lot of factors that led to it being unstructured. I believe better planning would muchly improve this, however i do appreciate we are the 2nd intake of apprentices in where i am passed. I understand things aren't going to be perfect, but i believe more has been unstructured then structured.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The support i received from my training provider was mixed in terms of how good it was or in most cases, wasn't.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
From the actual team in which i used to work in, i received a lot of support internally and externally, from these people.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I commute a lot to work, this is expensive. Before i started my apprenticeship i was told this would be covered. Unfortunately it was not covered.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We were told there were, but unfortunately due to a number of factors, this did not happen, this was very disappointing
9. Would you recommend Atos to a friend?
For the points above.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Atos?
More from AtosMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!