Information Analyst at HSBC

Sheffield
17th April 2015

9.9/10

My role is IT trainee - Information Analyst within the Unix and Linux team for IT Operations. I help with communications such as newsletters/newswires, the domains SharePoint and other communiction work.

Yes I have been on two external training courses; Excel and Sharepoint. Both of these courses gave me loads of new skills and helped me develop my exisiting skills. I have also gained a lot of general skills through being in a full time working environment.

I really enjoy the apprenticeship I have made loads of new friends, I have been very welcomed into the company and my team. The apprenticeship has exceeded my expectations and was a great decision.

4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?

I have been recognised on a few occasions. This was really nice and made me feel very valued by my team and the company. I feel that the apprentices as a whole are very valued by the Bank.

The apprenticeship is exteremly well organised. There are various people available for training, support or anything else you may need help with. I have always known exactly what is happening with the programme and any prolems I did find were resolved straight away.

We receive enough support however communication with them can sometimes be hard as we only see them once in 2 weeks. This is due to the talent coaches being very busy however this can sometimes mean our assignments are harder to complete.

We receive a massive amount of support from HSBC - everyone is always happy to help us and are always really nice. If ever I need some support there is always someone around me willing to give me the support I need which is great.

The salary we receive is more than enough and covers everything I need it to cover. I live at home and do not have to travel far from home therefore I do not have many costs.

I am always involved in company networking events, nights out and sport clubs. I have also been to London on quite a few occasions to the office down there which was a brilliant opportunity.

9a. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend? *

HSBC is a brilliant company to work for. They really care about the apprenticeship programme and their staff. There are also a lot of benefits that come with working for the Bank which is great.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC? *

I would say just to prepare as much as they can and ensure their application is as detailed as it can be. I would also say be as honest as possible and keep calm throughout the whole process.