1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a track apprentice doing a btec qualification
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learn about the railway infrastructure and the basics of how to use most of the tools I will be using most days in the 2nd and 3rd year of the apprenticeship
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It's been an enjoyable course however some parts I have done before and were a bit boring
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
Quite valued as we are the future of the company and how they are investing all this money into us
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised as you know what you will be doing every day for months in advance
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
the support given was very good, if you needed it you got it
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
not much as most of it is given by the training provider
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Meets it very well for me as most of the things you need are provided by networkrail and you do not need to pay for it
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes they have sports and lots of facilities available for use outside work hours
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Very good company with a good future to it and it's also been a very good experience as well
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!