1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Commercial Officer, providing assistance in all things that the relationship manager needs, from lending to day to day queries.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Plenty of new skills, around banking and the conduct involved.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very challenging, but rewarding.
4. How valued do you feel by HSBC?
very valued, the team around me are very accepting and willing to teach me and talk to me about questions I ask them.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Has its road bumps, however should be expected due to it being the first of its kind.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Not much support, very self driven. see provider once per month.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
support is everywhere in the role, team are very good.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Could always do with more pay. Annoying how we didnt meet the bonus due to 6 days. However basic pay far exceeds the normal amount for an apprenticeship.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Due to HSBC being a market leader companies look for HSBC trained individuals, hence the opportunity is vast.
9a. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
There is opportunity and a good grounding for a great career for the right individual.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC? *
Make sure you start before the 1st of October to get that bonus. Aswell as work extremely hard always.
More from HSBCMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!