Signalling Apprentice at Network Rail

Ashford

Connect with Network Rail

8.4/10

The first 9 months of the apprentiship is spent down at HMS Sultan in Gosport leaning electrical principles, maths, fault finding and several other subjects to help you progress when you start on the railway. Following this nine months each apprentice goes to their respective depots for a number of placements. I'm a signalling apprentice and have been working with the maintenance and faulting teams for the best part of a year.

I have, learnt how to fault find and how to maintain certain assests on the railway.

the program is very enjoyable. I enjoy working with all he differant teams and leaning new things on a day to day basis.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

The company wants to progress apprenties to become the next managers on the railway, so yes i feel valued.

It is very well organised, with regular email updates and deadlines for everthing.

Every 12 weeks I have a review with my line manager and I get all the support i could ask for.

I feel very lucky to be in a position were I can learn and earn money. So my salary makes me very happy.

In the third year we spend 1 week in the county side on an expedition with the ILM team.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

The apprentiship has helped me progress so yes.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

Be confident and get well ahead on your assignaments.