Maintanence Technician at Network Rail

Derby

Connect with Network Rail

6.7/10

I am a first year apprentice for network rail currently working at hms sultan getting needed qualifications to move forward to next year at my depot in derby.

I have definately developed my skills whilst being on the course so far.

I enjoy the practical elements very much as it gives me vital experience for my future career.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel like a valued member of the team and feel I will be welcomed when I move to the depot in Derby.

It is a well structured programme and has the potential to be a great success, however some subjects have been a bit scattered as they have added a new subject.

If I ever need assistance the instructors are always helpful and guide me in the right direction so I can figure out the correct answer or way of doing something.

I recieve feedback from my employer and feel that I have a positive relationship with my boss.

I find myself struggling for money at the end of the month from just the first year salary but it seems the next years should be a lot easier.

There are lots of activities that go on out of work hours and i participate in football and occassional whole year events like paintballing etc.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

Because I feel that I have a bright future ahead of me where it is up to me how far I go.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

Sell yourself in the interview and try to concentrate on the tests as they can catch you out. Just be confident and don't be nervous.