1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a first year apprentice for network rail currently working at hms sultan getting needed qualifications to move forward to next year at my depot in derby.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definately developed my skills whilst being on the course so far.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the practical elements very much as it gives me vital experience for my future career.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel like a valued member of the team and feel I will be welcomed when I move to the depot in Derby.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is a well structured programme and has the potential to be a great success, however some subjects have been a bit scattered as they have added a new subject.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
If I ever need assistance the instructors are always helpful and guide me in the right direction so I can figure out the correct answer or way of doing something.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve feedback from my employer and feel that I have a positive relationship with my boss.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I find myself struggling for money at the end of the month from just the first year salary but it seems the next years should be a lot easier.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of activities that go on out of work hours and i participate in football and occassional whole year events like paintballing etc.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because I feel that I have a bright future ahead of me where it is up to me how far I go.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Sell yourself in the interview and try to concentrate on the tests as they can catch you out. Just be confident and don't be nervous.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!