1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an apprentice technician for Network Rails Thameslink team currently working at HMS Sultan to gain academic knowledge to complete my training.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definately developed existing skills that i have gained from college.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the programme as i get along with the people that i work with and feel like i am challenging myself everyday.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel like a valued memeber of the team my managers regulary come down to see how we are getting on with our year at Sultan and let us know how the project is developing.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
It is a well structured programme and has the potential to be a great success however it has been very skattered this year and alot of not knowing what they are doing academically.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I recieve alot of support from some instuctors and not so much with others. i feel i excel when i do get the help i need and dont when not.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve constant positive support my my employer and know if there are any queries i can go to them for supprt.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It could be a better year one salary however i knew the salary and was willing to except it to get my career off to a start.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of activities that go on outside of work and i participate in football and occaisional event that are held by staff in the evenings.
9. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
Because it is a good oppurtunity to start a career
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Make sure you willing to accept the pay and work your hardest to complete the first year, from hearing from year 2s the second year is a much better year and feel much more valued and begin to enjoy and get involved in hands on work.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!