1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
We have different classes depending on our schedule which varies from maths to bench fitting including a three week course on Maintaining Mechnical Devices towards an NVQ
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have acheived a distinction in Mechanical Principles which is excellent for me because it is a combination of physics and maths which I couldn't understand at A level
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy this programme alot because I have met new people and achieved alot
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
I feel very valued because I am part of this wonderful company and all of the instructors including my manager is very pleased with any progress made.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme is well structured. However, there have been a few issues that I have come acrossed but I shared these issues with my instructor
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
If support is needed by my training provider then they will help me if I speak up
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer supports me alot by making sure I get on target and if not they ask why and see if any help is needed
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very good seeing as I'm a year 1 apprentice
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The training provider do put on activities outside of work and also fitness opportunities are avaliable
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
It is an excellent programme and an excellent career for life.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
As soon as work is set just get on with it and don't leave it till "tomorrow" and try your best at everything and not to be afraid to voice your opinions
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!