- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- 3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
- 4. How well organised/structured is your programme?
- 5. How much support do you receive from your employer?
- 6. How much support do you receive from your training provider when working towards your qualifications?
- 7. How well do you feel that your qualification (through your training provider) helps you to perform better in your role?
- 8. Are there extra-curricular activities to get involved in at your work? (For example, any social activities, sports teams, or even professional networking events.)
- 9a. Would you recommend Travis Perkins Plc to a friend?
- 9b. Why?
- 10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Travis Perkins Plc?
Opening/closing store, customer service, cashing up, adhering to health and safety, training new old colleagues, managing store when manager out of business, updating payroll system with working hours, holidays, sickness, receiving and merchandising delivery, cleaning of store,
I've not really learnt any new skills or developed any existing skills , I've just continued working the way I always have
I have completed most of this course at home not work, haven't really had time for course as sickness and managers absence creates staff shortage, I enjoy the catch up we have
The actual programme is well structured, well organised.
There's never time to do the course in store, the beginning of the course we are told this course you do at work and toolstation have to give you time but being little staff you do not receive this.
The support from all the trainers involved is excellent they are always there for you, encourage you and help anyway they can, cannot fault them
This is a good course but I've been with the company many years so I don't feel it helps me perform any better then I do already
I work for the toolstation part of travis perkins, there are promotions with toolstation, plenty of overtime. I've spoken to people who work at travis perkins and they have nothing but praise for the company
Do it, it's a company that you can trust and you can transfer easily if you see another job within the group.
Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
FMCG & Retail
Dudley, West Midlands